Based in MA, TX
July 16, 2012
Press / Business contact:
Warbits+ is a charming turn-based strategy game where victory is achieved through tactics and determination. Compete with your friends locally and online, hone your skills with single-player missions, or battle for glory against other commanders on the community hub.
Risky Lab is a cooperation of two gentlemen committed to long-distance game development. The studio was founded in 2012 by Reilly and Joe out of the desire to bring the magic of the Advance Wars style gameplay to a modern platform. At the time, no one was sufficiently stubborn to see such a project through to completion. After 4 years and countless lost sleep, Warbits was launched on the App Store and nominated by Apple as Editor's Choice. Having never met in person due to the miles between Texas and Massachusetts, Warbits was a testament to the naive passion to create something we wanted to play ourselves and share with others.Since Then
In 2016, Reilly and Joe used a meeting with Nintendo at E3 as an excuse to finally meet in person. Due to game engine constraints and life commitments, a relationship with Nintendo never transpired. However, the meeting with Nintendo and positive reactions from fans confirmed we captured some magic with Warbits. This sparked the beginning of Warbits Plus, an endeavor to rebuild Warbits from the ground up. Using the lessons learned from the first game, Warbits Plus aims to go bigger and better with new features, content, and platforms.
- Turn-based Strategy - Featuring grid-based movement, using an army of uniquely equipped units, special powers, and structures to fund your battles.
- Campaign - Battle through 20 missions across 5 unique environments as you unravel the story of a dysfunctional galaxy and the war simulator designed to save it.
- Challenge Mode - Test your grit against 30 challenging missions at your own pace. 10 Skirmish, 10 Puzzle and 10 unlockable Veteran missions.
- Map Editor - Build, share and play custom maps with the community.
- Local and Online - Stay off the grid against AI and local play or bring the fight to the internet's front door.
- Cross Platform - Windows, macOS, mobile supported.
Warbits+ Announcement Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Risky Lab, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Apple Editor's Choice." - April, 2016
- "Warbits iOS release featured on the award winning HBO drama Succession" - December, 2021
- "Don't be fooled by the cute visuals and quirky dialogue. Beneath the charming sheen, Warbits is a deceptively complex strategy game. As you make your way through a campaign packed with turn-based battles, you're forced to make tough decisions. Do you try to stealthily capture an enemy base or wage a full-on assault and put your strongest units at risk? With a challenging campaign and several multiplayer game types (including a same-screen local mode!), your tactics will be put to the test."
- Apple Editor, App Store
- "Warbits fits snugly into the Advance Wars strategy mould. It's turn-based, it's got a gorgeous cartoon look, and underneath its bright facade lurk some impressive ideas.
But this is a game that's built from the ground up for mobile, and with than in mind it offers shorter, tighter scenarios, with a focus on base-capturing and out-thinking your opponent.
Throw in some multiplayer, and you're left with a fully fledged premium strategy game that fits comfortably into your pocket. And that's something fans of the genre have been screaming for for a good long while."
- Harry Slater, Pocket Gamer
- "4.5 / 5 stars"
- "95 / 100"
Team & Repeating Collaborator